Geese! LIMITED LEATHER FIRST EDITION
Memoirs of a Wildfowler
A lucky soul indeed, is how Edward Miller, who spent 46 years in the gun trade, describes anyone infected with 'goose fever'.
In this lively memoir, he conveys the passion for wildfowling that gets sane people out of bed long before first light, to walk miles across dangerous tidal flats in the depths of a winter dawn, to lie flat in damp sand for hours, waiting for that evocative beat of wings to pass overhead.
Every chapter in Geese! is full of interest, amusement and advice. Camouflage, the techniques of goose-calling, how to recognise flight lines, choice of gun, what to wear, where to stay, how to behave and how to avoid overshooting, are all topics covered, right down to cooking wildfowl, including a mouth-watering stuffing of wild mushrooms and seashore blackberries.
The instructional index at the end of the book is an invaluable instant reference for the wildfowler.
Full leather edition, hand-bound in elegant pale blue/green goatskin leather, by the finest English craftsmen in Ludlow, Shropshire. All the elements of beautifully bound books have been incorporated, including:
• Hand-marbled endpapers by Ann Muir
• Silver silk ribbon marker
• White head & tail bands
• Raised bands on spine
• Set head and tails
• Gilt heads
• Silver blocked on spine and front
• Rounded and backed
• Protected in top quality dark green slipcase
• Bound-in limited edition flyleaf
* LIMITED FIRST EDITION OF 100 COPIES *These books are individually crafted and the materials are hand-made to order – nevertheless, we aim to deliver books within, on average, six weeks of receipt of payment.
Author: Ed Miller
Illustrator: Rodger McPhail
ISBN: 978 1 873674 13 0
Published: October 2007
Format: 234 x 156 mm
No. of pages: 352
70 black & white photographs
14 black & white illustrations