Angles on Fishing LIMITED LEATHER FIRST EDITION
This is a special boxed leather edition, limited to just 12 copies, and published by E, Z and D Verlag, Switzerland. Each copy is numbered 1 to 12 and signed by the author.
Angles on Fishing is a book of inspiration for the thinking fisherman. It explores many of the topical issues at the heart of sport angling today, but in a light, intelligible and often humorous way.
What is the threat to angling posed by animal rights arguments; what have ethics to do with angling; is there a distinction between recreational and subsistence fishing, and does it matter? – all these subjects and many more are raised in a book which is full of beautiful and surprising illustrations, apposite poetry and quirky humour.
A far cry from the practical ‘how to’ angling books, this is both a wake-up call for those who complacently believe that fishing is safe and a celebration of all that is colourful and rich in the world of sport fishing.
Full leather edition, hand-bound in elegant midnight blue goatskin leather, by the finest English craftsmen in Ludlow, Shropshire. All the elements of beautifully bound books have been incorporated, including:
• Hand-marbled endpapers by Ann Muir
• Navy silk ribbon marker
• Silver/blue head & tail bands
• Raised bands on spine
• Set head and tails
• Gilt edges
• Silver blocked on spine and front and embellished with a recessed circle of perch skin
• Rounded and backed
• Protected in top quality dark blue slipcase with a grey suede bevelled front edge
• Bound-in limited edition flyleaf
* LIMITED FIRST EDITION OF 12 COPIES *These books are individually crafted and the materials are hand-made to order – nevertheless, we aim to deliver books within, on average, six weeks of receipt of payment.
Author: Alexander Schwab
Published: August 2010
Format: 220 x 281 mm